Table of Contents
- Experience Unbeatable Garage Door Motor Repair with AZ Garage Doors Today
- Common Problems with Garage Door Motor Repair
- Importance of Garage Door Motor Repair
- Popular Types Garage Door Motor Repair We Service
- Popular Brands of Garage Door Motor Repair
- Garage Door Motor Repair Frequently Asked Questions
Experience Unbeatable Garage Door Motor Repair with AZ Garage Doors Today
Exceptional garage door motor repair service is what we do best here at AZ Garage Doors Today, a local business. Our professional staff has a lot of experience fixing garage doors and wants to help you with any problems you might be having.
For efficient and accurate garage door motor repair, we only use the most cutting-edge tools and methods. Our plan is to find out what our customers want and give them products that meet those needs.
Our number one goal is to ensure that every single one of our customers is completely satisfied with the work that we provide for them. For your added peace of mind, we also provide 24/7 emergency repair services and a warranty and guarantee on all of our work.
If you need any work done on your garage door motor, call AZ Garage Doors Today. Get in touch with us immediately to take advantage of the superior service and in-depth knowledge that make us stand out.
Common Problems with Garage Door Motor Repair
Garage door motors are a crucial part of any garage door automation system, but they are susceptible to a wide range of issues that can render the door inoperable. If a homeowner is familiar with these issues, they will be better able to identify their problem and decide if they require a repairman’s help. Most garage door motor issues can be summed up by the following:
- Power Outages – In the event of a power failure when the garage door is operational, the motor may suddenly stop working. Because of this, the door may become difficult to operate since it may become stuck partially open or closed.
- Broken or Damaged Drive Belt – If the garage door’s drive belt is worn or frayed, the door may become difficult to raise or lower or make an odd noise.
- Malfunctioning Circuit Board – The garage door opens and shuts according to the instructions from the circuit board. If it fails to function, the door may become trapped in an open or closed position or refuse to respond to the remote.
- Worn or Broken Gears – Normal wear and tear can cause the gears in the garage door motor to stop working or make strange noises.
- Obstruction in the Track – If something is stuck in the garage door’s track, it can put unnecessary strain on the motor, which could cause it to break.
- Faulty Remote Control – The garage door repair is often operated by a remote control device. The door may no longer respond to the remote’s commands if it becomes damaged or stops operating.
- Garage Door Not Opening But Motor Running (garage door opener troubleshooting) – If the engine turns over but the door won’t open, the problem may be a malfunctioning main gear drive that has to be fixed. If the garage door doesn’t open even though the trolley carriage does, something is wrong with the carriage and needs to be fixed.
Importance of Garage Door Motor Repair
As such, garage door motor repair is an essential part of house upkeep that ensures your garage door system continues to work as intended and keeps you safe. Reasons why garage door motor repair is crucial include the following:
- Safety – It is risky for people and cars to enter or depart the garage if the garage door is stuck in either the open or closed position because of a broken garage door motor. The safety of your loved ones and your possessions depends on your giving the engine the attention it needs on a regular basis.
- Convenience – When your garage door motor is in good working order, you can open or close the door quickly and with minimal effort. If the motor is broken or malfunctioning, you may have to manually lift the door, which can be time-consuming and strenuous.
- Energy Efficiency – A malfunctioning garage door motor can throw off the door’s alignment, making it hard to close and perhaps letting in unwanted temperatures. This can reduce your home’s efficiency and lead to higher energy costs.
- Increased Longevity – If you keep up with garage door motor maintenance and repairs, you may extend the life of the unit and save money on replacements.
- Property Value – Improving your house’s curb appeal and resale value is as simple as installing a garage door motor and keeping it in good working order.
In conclusion, the security, convenience, energy efficiency, lifespan, and resale value of your house all depend on the condition of your garage door motor and how often it is serviced and repaired. Keep your garage door in top shape with the help of AZ Garage Doors Today’s professional repair services for garage door motors.
Popular Types Garage Door Motor Repair We Service
Here at AZ Garage Doors Today, we are experts in fixing all brands and models of garage door motors.
- Belt Drive Motors: The low noise levels of these motors make them a top pick for use in home garages. Belts and gears are used to raise and lower the door, and both can break.
- Chain Drive Motors: In commercial and industrial environments, these motors are a common choice due to their long lifespan. A chain and a set of gears are used to raise and lower the door.
- Screw Drive Motors: Known for their dependability, these motors employ a screw to raise and lower the door. The screw or gears may become problematic and need periodic lubrication.
- Direct Drive Motors: These motors are noted for their quiet operation and low energy consumption. They use a direct drive mechanism to raise and lower the door. Both the motor and the gears are potential sources of failure.
- Jackshaft Motors: Instead of being installed in the ceiling, these motors can be used with overhead doors and mounted on the wall. They may need frequent lubrication and repairs for motor and gear issues.
Garage door motors come in a wide variety of styles, but the technicians at AZ Garage Doors Today can fix whatever problem you’re having with them. Get in touch with us right now for all of your garage door motor maintenance and repair requirements.
Popular Brands of Garage Door Motor Repair
When it comes to garage door motors, AZ Garage Doors Today has extensive experience with a variety of well-known brands, such as:
- LiftMaster – This reputable company makes a wide range of motors with belt drives, chain drives, and screw drives.
- Genie – The garage door motors from this manufacturer are known for their high quality and user-friendliness.
- Chamberlain – This company makes a variety of garage door openers with cutting-edge features and parts, such as a smartphone app for remote control and safety sensors.
- Craftsman – This company provides high-quality, long-lasting garage door motors with user-friendly features.
- Sears – This company’s garage door openers come loaded with high-tech extras like smartphone control and safety sensors.
- Marantec – Many different garage door motors from this manufacturer are available, and they all include cutting-edge innovations like silent operation and low power consumption.
- Sommer – This company makes garage door opener motors that are both technologically advanced and easy to use, with features like safety sensors and smartphone control.
We at AZ Garage Doors Today are prepared to diagnose and repair any problem with your garage door motor, regardless of the brand. Get in touch with us right now for all of your garage door motor maintenance and repair requirements.
Garage Door Motor Repair Frequently Asked Questions
Repairing a garage door motor requires professional help. Here are the procedures for fixing your garage door motor yourself:
- Power off the garage door motor before starting repairs. Unplugging the motor or turning off the circuit breaker usually works.
- Inspect the motor for evident problems like bent gears, frayed wires, or corrosion. Any obvious damage may necessitate the replacement of the motor.
- Lubricate the motor’s moving parts if there is no evident damage. Lubricate gears, chains, and other moving parts with a high-quality silicone-based lubricant.
- If your garage door motor is still malfunctioning, inspect the springs. The motor may malfunction if old or broken springs make it work harder.
- If your garage door won’t open or close, check the sensors. Clean and align sensors. Sensors that have been damaged should be replaced.
- After repairs, test the motor. If the motor doesn’t work, call a pro.
Remember that garage door motors are complicated devices, and repairing them yourself might be risky. If you are unsure about any part of the repair, consult a specialist.
To replace a garage door opener repair cost depends on the motor type, manufacturer, size, and installation difficulty. A simple garage door opener motor costs $200 to $500, but more complex models or motors with extra features cost more.
Labor also affects replacement costs. Depending on the technician’s hourly fee and the intricacy of the installation, a professional can install the replacement motor for $100 to $200.
Remember that replacing a garage door opener motor is merely an estimate and might vary substantially based on your circumstances. To comprehend the replacement cost, seek a professional quote in writing.